Welcome to my perfectly Paleo stuffed aubergines with Greek mince in the slow cooker recipe.
I don’t know about you but I absolutely love Greek food. It is that perfect taste of the Mediterranean with a lot of lemon, local seasoning and of course lots of vegetables. But I reckon that Greek food has often had this terrible misconception and a lot of people think of it as super unhealthy food that you should stay clear of when you are eating healthy, or like me this month…..following the Paleo way of life.
I think the big British kebab has probably done that, but for me my Greek Kebabs are always served like this. They will be loaded up with meat, sometimes with vegetables too and will be served in lovely garlic and olive oil dressing. They are heaven on a plate and you could eat them every day for lunch and it could easily aid your weight loss.
Living here in Portugal the food is really not that different to what you get in Greece and it’s also very easy to make. The majority of the time you can choose your seasonings and throw it in with a few chopped vegetables and you are all done!
In this recipe we are combining our favourite Greek flavours into some delicious homemade mince and stuffing it on top of some delicious fresh aubergine. We are also finishing it off in the slow cooker and then having it for our lunch.Perfectly #Paleo Stuffed #Aubergines With #Greek Mince In The Slow Cooker via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Slow Cooker
- 2 Aubergines
- 300g Minced Beef
- 1 Small Courgette (diced)
- 1 Large Onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 Can Tinned Tomatoes
- 1Tsp Tomato Puree
- 1Tsp Garlic Puree
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Handful Fresh Mint (roughly chopped)
- Handful Fresh Dill (roughly chopped)
- 1Tbsp Oregano
- 1Tsp Basil
- 1Tsp Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by making your mince in a medium sized pan. Add your onion, garlic, tomato puree and fresh herbs along with the olive oil and cook until the onions are nicely soft.
- Add the mince and courgettes. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until your mince is nearly cooked. Add your tinned tomatoes along with the rest of the seasoning and mix well. Place on a simmer for a couple of minutes to allow the juices to reduce.
- Mix in the coconut milk to give it a creamy flavour and put to one side.
- Place your slow cooker on a high heat. Slice your aubergines in half (or take the tops off) and place them in the slow cooker. Season them with salt and pepper along with coconut oil.
- Place the mince over the aubergines. Cook for 1 hour or until the aubergines are well cooked.