Welcome to my one pot Moroccan Couscous In Just 25 Minutes.
Who said that cooking Moroccan Couscous has to take several ones and involve you buying a Tagine?
Well we are going to show you via our one pot Moroccan Couscous recipe, just how easy it could be and how perfect it is for a mid week supper to share with your kids.
I am actually writing this up straight after making it as I could wait to share with you how much I LOVE Moroccan Couscous after making it for the very first time. I know this sounds terrible but I bought some couscous about six months ago and it has always been something that I have been wanting to make but I have never quite got around to it!
I love the flavours of Morocco and the fact that unlike Indian and Thai is not that spicy so it will appeal to your kids or those of you that don’t want your head blowing off!
But today was finally the day and I made a delicious couscous in my one pot and it made a great evening meal without being as heavy as rice or pasta but very filling too. Also for those of you that have vegetarians this version is meat free. I love my meat but every now and again I like a break from it and like to enjoy my vegetables.
This is certainly not short of vegetables and you could say after having this that instead of getting your five a day you are doubling that.
Also serve it up with some warm crusty bread and you have heaven on a plate. I have put down that this serves four but I found we over catered much to the delight of our teenage son Kyle who had plenty of leftovers to go at. So if you are a family of five I reckon there would be plenty for you all!
[Tweet “#onepot #Moroccan #couscous #recipe in just 25 minutes via @recipe_this”]
- 1 Large Onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 Sweet Potato (peeled and diced)
- 2 Large Tomatoes (chopped into segments)
- 1 Small Courgette (diced)
- ½ Yellow Pepper (cubed)
- 1 Large Carrot (peeled and thinly sliced)
- ⅓ Cup Couscous
- 175ml Red Wine
- 1 Can Tinned Tomatoes
- 200ml Vegetable Stock
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 3 Lemons (juice only)
- 1Tbsp Paprika
- 1Tbsp Coriander
- 1Tbsp Turmeric
- 1Tbsp Cumin
- 1Tbsp Garlic puree
- 1Tbsp Ginger
- Fresh Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- In your one pot sauté the onion with the olive oil, ginger and the garlic puree until the onion is nice and soft.
- Add the sweet potato, pepper, courgette and carrot and stir well.
- Add the red wine, vegetable stock and tinned tomatoes, bring to the boil and then cook on a high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, along with the seasoning and mix well.
- Add the yoghurt and mix again. Add the couscous along with the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes on a medium heat.
- Serve with some fresh basil on the top!
We have put together 26 favourite recipes for you to enjoy that take less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook but also only require one pot. We have pasta and meatballs, 3 minute alfredo sauce, no carb risotto, 20 minute chicken korma and even pan fried chicken and vegetables.
We are huge fans of one pot cooking and even more so, now that we have tried out 30 minute meals in it. And it shows that one pot cooking is not just for the slow cooker.
It is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.