Welcome to no cook stuffed tomatoes with garlic and goats cheese. This is thanks to us reading the stuffed tomatoes recipe from A Small Cheese In Provence. If you have not read about the ebook you can read all about our earlier review here.
What got us the most about the ebook was how we wanted to try all the recipes straight away and how taken we were with it all! These were simple recipes that were made absolutely delicious by the adding of the goats cheese.
It made me want to go out and buy goats cheese straight away and do all the recipes in the ebook. But of course I simply don’t have the time to do that, so if I had just one recipe to choose, it would be the stuffed tomatoes. I am a HUGE tomato addict; in fact I love them so much that I had them for breakfast this morning!
I decided to add a little to them and use my favourite local goasts cheese that myself and lots of my fellow Portuguese swear by. It comes with a lovely skin around it and we often have it with lots of different dishes or as a starter or on top of some bread.
This tomato recipe is perfect no matter what the season is as you can use the beef cake tomatoes or go after some of the smaller ones.
[Tweet “No Cook Stuffed Tomatoes With Garlic & Goats Cheese #healthyrecipes”]
- 8 Tomatoes
- 3 Mini Goats Cheeses
- 2Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 1Tsp Soft Cheese
- Fresh Parsley (washed and trimmed)
- Fresh Chives (washed and trimmed)
- 1Tsp Olive Oil
- 1Tsp Basil
- 1Tsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- Mix together the cheeses, yoghurt, herbs, salt and pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Chop off the top of the tomatoes, remove the centre of the tomatoes and salt the bottom and sides of the tomatoes and tomatoes need a nice bit of salt to add to the flavour.
- Add the cheese mixture, sprinkle with some extra herbs (if you wish) and then serve!
A Small Cheese In Provence
This recipe is adapted from A Small Cheese In Provence (page 27) and a big thanks to the author Jean for introducing me to her great recipe and letting me add my own flavourings!
You can get the recipe ebook by clicking on the banner below: