Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta is a creamy chicken jalapeno popper pasta that is loaded with corn, jalapenos, chicken, macaroni and 2 types of cheese. A delicious comforting family dump and start meal in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta
Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta is our latest Instant Pot pasta recipe. It came about because like many families we had leftovers that needed using up and turning them into a chicken jalapeno popper pasta was ideal.
I love cooking pasta in the Instant Pot as it is so fast and during our road trip in the summer of 2018 it was the type of food that we ate the most.
I had 2 little ones (aged 1 and 3 at the time), a teenager (he was 16 at the time) and myself and Dominic.
By cooking our pasta in the Instant Pot, we could feed the family quickly, on a budget and with a small amount of ingredients. Plus when you are getting more exercise than usual pasta can help refuel your body.
Our favourite was Instant Pot Ragu as we could quickly change it into a ziti and blend the ragu into a creamy tomato sauce.
Today’s Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta does the same thing:
- Affordable: I am using ingredients that I already have in
- Easy: The pasta is a classic dump and start Instant Pot recipe
- Tasty: It is like having jalapeno poppers in a pasta
- Leftovers: We made enough so that we had a good portion for another day
It is also a good learning curve for transforming your favourite pasta meals to the Instant Pot. Just imagine which ones you could cook next!
Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta Ingredients
The ingredients for making Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta is very similar to the ingredients that you associate with jalapeno poppers.
As well as the main ingredients from jalapeno poppers we have also added into the jalapeno popper pasta:
This gives it a delicious Mexican flavour and is similar to a Mexican casserole. Because of the ingredients used it makes a good portion, making it perfect for families that want to spend less on their groceries.
Cooking Jalapeno Popper Pasta In The Instant Pot
I get it. It can be scary to cook pasta in the Instant Pot for the first time. There are all those questions going on in your head, I know this because these were my questions when I started with my Instant Pot.
My main concern was for the pasta when cooked in the Instant Pot:
- What if my pasta got overcooked?
- What if my pasta ran out of liquid?
- What about explosions of the dairy?
Well let me tell you now I have been there, and the explosion happens if you add dairy and then put it under pressure. What I do instead is add the dairy last and this solves that problem.
I also recommend that when you are getting used to cooking pasta in the Instant Pot is that you add a little bit more liquid.
As you can always take away liquid, but you can’t add it afterwards when you have dried out pasta in your inner pot!
I have also found that 4 minutes is the golden time. The time I use a lot when I cook Instant Pot Pasta. I will cook pasta loaded with other ingredients and cook it for 4 minutes on manual pressure and it is PERFECT every single time.
Those same rules apply when I make Instant Pot Chicken Jalapeno Pasta!
How To Cook Jalapeno Popper Pasta In The Instant Pot?
Cooking Jalapeno Popper Pasta in the Instant Pot is so, so easy. I cook it in three small stages. This allows you to break down the Instant Pot recipe and make it easier for you to follow.
I also follow this method with a lot of my Instant Pot Dinners whether it is a pasta, basic casserole or something a creamy, dreamy sauce.
- Stage 1 – The initial sauté stage. This is when you would sauté your main ingredients and add flavour to your Instant Pot. This is essential for making your Instant Pot food taste good and kick starts the cooking process.
- Stage 2 – Dump and start. This is when the other main ingredients are added in. Any liquid that is needed and it is given a good stir. The Instant Pot is then put on manual pressure and the jalapeno popper pasta cooks.
- Stage 3 – The final stage. This is when the delicious cheese is added. It is also the time to give it a stir, check to see if it needs extra seasoning and of course serve.
Or stage 3 in the Milner house is grate twice the cheese you need and eat loads of cheese as you grate, as we all need lots of cheese, right?
Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta Freezer Meal
If you love Instant Pot Freezer Meals, then our Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta is perfect for you.
You can cook once, eat twice as they say!
Once cooked place the jalapeno popper pasta into freezer containers and ONCE cool place the lid on and add to your freezer.
You could also double this recipe for 4 large freezer portions or keep it as it is.
MORE Instant Pot Pasta
Our Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta is not our first pasta dish in the Instant Pot and I doubt it will be the last. Below you will find even more Instant Pot Pasta Recipes from our blog.
- Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta
- Thinly slice your jalapeno and spring onion. Dice your chicken thighs. Place them into the Instant Pot along with your garlic puree and olive oil. Press sauté and give it a minute or two to get warm.
- Once the Instant Pot has got warm, sauté them for a minute or two or until the chicken has started to gain colour and the onion has softened.
- Turn off sauté.
- Add in your 500ml of chicken stock, macaroni, seasoning and give it a quick stir.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 4 minutes on manual pressure.
- When it is done use QPR (quick pressure release).
- Place back on sauté and stir in soft cheese and sweetcorn.
- Add a layer of grated cheese to the top and some avocado.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot or use the Mealthy Crisp Lid to quickly melt the cheese.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: