Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and today is another delicious meaty pasta dish featuring our double cheese chicken rigatoni pasta bake. This dish is full of flavour, full to bursting with cheese and perfect for a hit of carbs on a cold February night.
This week I have been dedicating the recipes to different ways to cook pasta in the Instant Pot. I have shown you that you can cook it fast, you can cook it slow or you can cook it as you go. In todays recipe though what I wanted to show you is how you can start off cooking it naturally in the bottom and then crisp it up at the end thanks to the steamer function.
Nice and easy pasta in a lovely cheesy sauce with that delicious just baked feeling.
But you’re probably wondering why you don’t just throw it all in and hope for the best, or do one like our start to the week with our macaroni cheese? Well in a nutshell there is nothing better than that bubbly cheese feeling and that creamy pasta that you can achieve just by a couple of minutes of steaming at the end of the cooking experience. Or you could go ahead and make yourself some macaroni cheese in your Instant Pot and then finish it off with a bubbling experience!
In this recipe we have paired together creamy cheesy pasta with some delicious tender chicken breast and let the Instant Pot do the magic. In my mind this is the perfect Sunday lunch when you want something simple that as a family you can tuck straight into and enjoy. Then serve it with salad and jacket potatoes, so that you can complete your carb coma and snuggle in front of the TV watching a great movie.
When we made this dish we did so after having a lazy Sunday and we sat in front of a warm fire eating it while watching the Back To The Future Movies. In other words what our Sundays should always be about!#InstantPot Double #Cheese #Chicken #Rigatoni #Bake Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Clean and dice the leeks and mushrooms. Peel and dice the onion. Chop the chicken breast into bite sized pieces.
- In your Instant Pot add your onion, garlic, mustard and olive oil. Sauté for a couple of minutes or until the onion starts to soften. Add the chicken and cook for a couple of minutes until the chicken has absorbed the garlic and has started to turn white.
- Add the leek and mushrooms and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add all the seasoning and mix well.
- Add the pasta, followed by an equal amount of boiling water, mix well and place the lid on your Instant Pot.
- Cook for 10 minutes on the poultry setting and seal the Instant Pot to allow pressure to build.
- Once it has finished and has beeped manually remove the pressure and allow the pressure to come out of the pot.
- Add soft cheese to the pot and stir well.
- Add your Edam cheese and stir.
- Place it onto sauté and place the lid back on your Instant Pot. Don’t seal it just cover for 2 minutes so that your cheese can bubble.
- Move into a ceramic side dish and serve with salad and jacket potatoes.
I used Edam cheese in this recipe but cheddar cheese or another similar cheese would work well too.