Welcome to how to make cobb salad in a glass jar recipe.
This cobb salad recipe is sponsored by the Rebel Grill. For this week we are dedicating our recipes to eating outdoors and how you can eat great family food without it costing the earth or being too unhealthy.
My first ever Cobb Salad was while on holiday at Disney World in 2012. It was one of those holidays when we tried a lot of different American food for the first time. Some of it we liked and some of it we didn’t. One of our favourites was the traditional Cobb Salad and it looked just as good as it tasted.
It was like a salad that you wanted to dive straight into. Lots of different colours, lots of different flavours all spread across one single plate.
But the question often arises about how you can have a healthy salad that tastes good too without it feeling like you have rabbit food thrown in your face.
And this is when my Cobb Salad comes into play. Instead of being designed on a large plate you have layers in a glass jar (or you could use plastic for kids lunch boxes) and then you can take it out with you or just have it for a home barbeque but one where you can keep the flies out of it.
So let’s get tucked in…How To Make #Cobb #Salad In A Glass Jar via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Handful Of Purple Cabbage shredded
- 25 g Salad Lettuce shredded
- 1 Large Tomato chopped into small chunks
- 25 g Cucumber sliced and then quartered
- 2 Slices Pineapple chopped into chunks
- 100 g Grated Carrot
- 50 g Radish thinly sliced
- 25 g Onion thinly sliced and cut into chunks
- 100 g Sweetcorn
- 50 ml Homemade Honey & Mustard Dressing get the recipe here
- Get out your glass jars and start the process of layering them up. Start with a layer of purple cabbage, then sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced pineapple, grated carrot, salad lettuce, sliced radish, sliced onion and sweetcorn.
- When your layers are complete pour over the homemade salad dressing and then sprinkle with some fresh parsley.
- Pack up and it’s ready for your outing.
The Perfect Campfire Rebel Grill
We are huge fans of the Perfect Campfire Rebel Grill and it takes us back to how barbequed food should really be done. The old fashioned way when you have to wait for your charcoal to get warm and then you enjoy the amazing taste that proper barbeque food gives you.
Forget this new age of having an electric grill outside this is how it should be done. It is also amazing the taste that it can give your burgers, sausages and kebabs.
Though it was rather fun watching Dominic trying to light it when he hadn’t cooked on one before!!!!
This campfire grill is also perfect for taking to the park, to the beach, camping trips and even to a friends house for a nice supper outside. You even have a pole that you can place into the ground for when you’re away camping.
Add to this the great bag it comes in and how compact it is, this is the dream as far as camping grills are concerned.
In terms of getting yourself one of these campfire rebel grills (or exploring the rest of their range) you can explore more by clicking here. If I were to do it again and/or if I were to currently recommend a good quality portable grill to you, I would say CHOOSE THIS ONE.