Welcome to my homemade chicken pot pie. Or should we just call this soup maker pot pie as it is makes it SO MUCH EASIER.
I don’t think I am saying this loud enough IT MAKES IT SO EASY. Forget how long it normally takes you to make chicken pot pie this is a genius and is perfect for those of you (like me) that doesn’t want to spend an hour in the kitchen everyday.
This homemade chicken pot pie came about originally with some turkey. It was a couple of days after Christmas and I really wanted to make good use out of the brown bits of the turkey. You know the ones that nobody wants and you wonder why you bother buying a whole turkey when a crown would keep people much happier!
I played around with it and made an excellent stock of the leftovers and then before I knew it I had this crazy pie thing going on with the leftover puff pastry that I had.
Then a few weeks later I did the same thing with chicken and it was so delicious and a much healthier alternative for the leftover chicken than making chicken nuggets – oh and it tastes really nice which also helps!!!Samantha @recipe_this is showing you how to make homemade chicken pot pie #yummyClick To Tweet
- Peel, dice and then sauté the onion in a wok with a little olive oil.
- In the soup maker add the vegetables. Dice it all up into similar sized pieces and chop the broccoli into medium sized florets. Add the water and cook for 22 minutes on the chunky soup setting.
- Drain the vegetables and place ½ in the wok and then put ½ back in the soup maker.
- Place ½ the chicken in the soup maker with the seasoning and coconut milk. And blend until lovely and smooth and really thick. If it is too thick add a little whole milk to it.
- In the wok add the rest of the cooked chicken, the rest of the cooked vegetables and mix well so that the onion is nicely mixed in. Add the filling from the soup maker and mix well.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes on a low heat in the wok.
- Transfer into dishes and cover with puff pastry and then decorate the top of your pastry however you like and remember to slash the pie lid with a knife so that it can breathe. And a little beaten egg to the top so that it has that golden glow after it has cooked.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes on a 180c heat.