Welcome to my aubergine, tomato & zoodles winter salad warmer.
I am new when it comes to Aubergines. It is something that I have always wanted to try but never quite got around to it. Plus in England it is not something that people want all the time and is better known in other countries around the world.
But aubergines being on offer in the local supermarket last week I thought it were something that I better finally try.
This is what I love about being a food blogger – it makes you come out of your comfort zone and try things that you have not tried before. Since starting Recipe This I have not only tried but become addicted to pumpkins and I must have eaten the most sweet potatoes in the last year than I have in my whole life. And thanks to working with brands I have discovered all kinds of sauces and spices that I had never heard of.
I asked Dominic if he had ever had aubergine and he said that it was not since his chef days. That during his first job they would get a lot of American visitors come over and that they loved deep fried aubergine or as they called it “deep fried egg plant”.
So my aubergine is certainly NOT deep fried as I hate deep fried food. Well I like it but my body doesn’t!!!
In this recipe it is served with my favourite zoodles and provides you with a fantastic alternative for this time of the year for warming you up. As I love my salad but right now it is way too cold for it!aubergine, #tomato and #zoodles winter #salad warmer thanks to @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- In a wok fry the onion on a medium heat with the garlic puree and olive oil until the onion is starting to change colour.
- Chop up the aubergine into chunks and toss into the wok and cook for 5 minutes.
- Spiralize the courgette while the aubergine is cooking and add it to the wok and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the majority of the seasoning (save a little for sprinkling on top), chop up and add the tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Place into bowls and sprinkle a little more seasoning on top and some fresh herbs if you like!
- Pour a tablespoon of white wine vinaigrette on top of each bowl and serve!