Air Fryer Oven Pizza Rolls. Introducing you to our air fryer homemade pizza rolls made with leftover homemade pizza dough and so simple to load up with your favourite pizza roll fillings.
Air Fryer Homemade Pizza Rolls
Yesterday on the blog I shared with you how to make the best ever air fryer homemade pizza and you’re probably wondering what happened to that spare ball of pizza dough.
Well it was enough to make another 8 inch homemade pizza in the air fryer if I wanted it to, but instead I decided to surprise you all today with air fryer homemade pizza rolls.
Air Fryer Homemade Pizza Rolls are so easy to make and taste delicious too.
In a nutshell you would roll out your favourite bread maker pizza dough, cut it like you would with a fresh pizza and load it up with your favourite pizza roll ingredients.
Then roll up your pizza dough with its toppings into pizza roll shapes, add egg wash and cook in your air fryer.
And that is it!
Making air fryer homemade pizza roll ups is so FAST and SIMPLE and next time you have some spare pizza dough, consider this as your leftover meal.
Or what you can do (I do this a LOT) is freeze your leftover pizza dough and then another time when you want to make a small pan pizza or want to eat homemade pizza rolls, you can quickly roll out the dough.
I did something similar recently when my parents visited. I had some spare pastry in the fridge and rolled it out for them to make a quick batch of air fryer homemade sausage rolls.
Air Fryer Oven Pizza Rolls
I recently bought myself an oven tray that fits into my air fryer oven. I had lots of different dishes in mind for cooking it in, including some homemade pizza rolls.
You can easily fit them side by side in your baking dish and they cook like perfect pizza bread rolls when done.
To do this you will need an 8 inch square dish for your air fryer oven, just like this one. And then when you place the air fryer homemade pizza rolls into your air fryer baking pan, they will then cook like pull apart pizza rolls.
They are also non-stick and only take 2 minutes to clean once you have eaten all your homemade pizza rolls.
How To Air Fry Pizza Rolls?
- I like to think of air fryer pizza rolls as the opposite of making air fryer homemade pizza. Instead of slicing up your pizza at the end when it is cooked, you slice it at the beginning, before adding any of your toppings.
- I slice it like a just cooked pizza where you slice it in half, then half again and then again until you have 8 almost equal raw pizza slices.
- You then cover it with your favourite pizza sauce, add a spoonful of soft cheese and stick a chunk of melting cheese to the soft cheese. (think gouda, mozzarella or cheddar).
- Then add a layer of grated cheese and roll it up like you’re rolling a croissant.
- Then load it with egg wash and some dried oregano and it is ready for cooking in your air fryer.
Mix + Match Air Fryer Pizza Roll Toppings
I am a cheese junkie, but you might not be. You could use any of your favourite toppings for your air fryer pizza rolls.
- Pepperoni + Cheese
- Garlic Butter
- Hawaiian Pizza
Or maybe just have a fridge raid of your leftovers?
Tips For Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- My BIGGEST tip for making air fryer pizza rolls is the soft cheese vs hard cheese trick. Place some soft cheese onto your pizza roll first and then add the hard cheese over it. It will lock it in place and make the prepping process easier. Plus, soft cheese tastes delicious inside pizza rolls.
- Any melting cheese works well. I love gouda the most, but I know its not easy for everyone to get hold of. You could also try mozzarella, cheddar or some cheap pizza cheese.
- Squeeze the pizza rolls together onto an air fryer baking tray. If you do your end air fryer pizza rolls will be like pull apart bread, just filled with pizza.
- Keep it warm. Just like pizza our air fryer homemade pizza rolls don’t taste as good if they get cold. Or if they do, you can always place them back into the air fryer for a couple more minutes to warm them up!
Air Fryer Oven Pizza Rolls
- Roll out your leftover pizza dough and using a pizza cutter, cut it into 8 equal pizza slices.
- Layer it with pizza sauce, a teaspoon of soft cheese and stick your hard cheese to it. Add some grated cheese too.
- Roll it from the biggest to the smallest part until you have 8 croissant shaped pizza rolls. Cover the tops with egg wash.
- Place the pizza rolls into a baking tray and add the baking tray to the middle shelf of your air fryer oven. Cook at 180c/360f for 10 minutes. Serve warm.