Welcome to my lazy guide to pulled pork burgers with the Slabs Rub.
So if you have read my Indian Pulled Pork Recipe then you will know that I am a huge fan of pulled pork. I love the flavours, I love watching it cook away in my slow cooker and I love eating it when it is cooked. But sometimes it feels like making pulled pork is more effort than it is worth.
I get the pork out the freezer and wait for it to defrost. Then I put the rub on overnight and soak it in the fridge. Then the next morning I will put the slow cooker on low with some extra rub and then by that evening I have pulled pork. It is delicious but waiting 1.5 days for it can sometimes get on my nerves.
It has meant that we have pulled pork less and less these days and often instead have roasted pork with loads of sliced apple instead.
But I miss my pulled pork and after receiving a few different rubs from The Slabs brand I decided to give pulled pork a fast makeover.
So now what if……you could rub your meat put it in the slow cooker and let it cook all day. Then that evening use your juices to make the best ever barbeque sauce from it? The preparation would be a minimum and you would have amazing pulled pork that you could then make into sandwiches or burgers and they will be so appreciated by your family members and then they will be surprised when you mention the little effort on your part.
[Tweet “The Lazy Guide To #PulledPork #burgers With The Slabs Rub via @recipe_this”]
- Medium Pork Shoulder
- 2Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Burger Buns
- 5Tbsp Kyle Style BBQ Rub
- 1Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- ½ Small Avocado
- Garnish (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Place your pork shoulder in your slow cooker with a tablespoon of olive oil underneath. Move it about so that the bottom of the pork gets well covered.
- Place the other tablespoon of olive oil over the top and sides of the pork. Add the 4tbsp rub on the top and sides and place the slow cooker on low for 6 hours.
- Once it is cooked remove from the slow cooker and pull the pork apart on a chopping board.
- Make the barbeque sauce – in a blender add the juices from the bottom of the slow cooker with another tablespoon of rub, Greek yoghurt and salt and pepper. Blend well and place into little dip dishes.
- Place your pulled pork into your burger buns along with a slice of avocado and some salad garnish. Serve with your barbeque sauce.
Kyle Style BBQ Rub
The first comment when I opened this parcel was from my son. He was jumping up and down for joy and this only normally happens with a chocolate brand, but it was because his name is Kyle and finally he said that some food has been named after him. Well I couldn’t argue with that!
Living in Portugal we are always rather limited with meaty food seasonings. We have the usual pork seasoning for pork belly, Piri Piri for Piri Piri chicken, oregano, chives, thyme, basil and such like. But never really much else.
I loved all the seasonings I brought back with me from America a few years ago, so to have these I am in food heaven.
When you add The Slabs to your meat the flavour comes to life. You discover that your meat dishes can taste amazing without having a big knowledge in seasonings. You can marinade your meat in this rub (and their other rubs too) and it will be great for barbeques this summer as well.
We just can’t wait to get back in the kitchen and get The Slabs on our meat.
In terms of getting yourself one of these amazing jars (or exploring the rest of their range) you can explore more by clicking here. If I were to do it again and/or if I were to currently recommend a rub for my pork to you, I would say CHOOSE THIS ONE.