Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin. Today I am sharing with you how to cook delicious pork tenderloin in the Sous Vide. Tender pork tenderloin that is so addictive you will want to Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin every day!
Table of Contents
Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin
Today I am going to show you how to make the most amazing tender pork tenderloin in the Sous Vide. Pork tenderloin is a meat I buy all the time.
That is because pork is the super cheap here in Portugal and you can easily afford to buy pork and eat it every day in the Sous Vide if you wanted to.
The pork cuts that we buy the most locally include:
- Pork Chops
- Pork Stewing Meat
- Pork Shoulder
- Pork Ribs
- Pork Steak
- Pork Tenderloin
The one I love most though is the pork stewing meat, as its like pork shoulder that has been diced. It works perfectly for pulled pork thrown in the slow cooker or the Instant Pot with a quick marinade and its so tender when cooked. Or it can make a fantastic stew too.
The pork tenderloin and the pork stewing meat that we buy, is often on sale at 35% off its regular price.
This is perfect for the Sous Vide too as it comes sealed and perfect for dumping straight into the water bath. The best way I can describe it, is like a giant thick sausage and is the perfect size for slicing for salads or serving over your favourite noodles with some Chinese seasonings.
So, I am sure it is no surprise that today is the turn of Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin!
Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin For Beginners
If you’ve been following along for the last few Mondays, you will know that we are sharing with you our experiences of the sous vide every Monday for a year. This is week #4 and our second sous vide recipe.
As I have mentioned before, we wanted our readers to watch over our shoulder as we used our Sous Vide for the first time. To experience it like we’re experiencing it and that is why we are doing things slow with little baby steps.
In our first Sous Vide recipe last week, we showed you how to do Sous Vide Lemon Pepper Salmon, but today, we are showing you how to cook meat for the first time using already sealed pork tenderloin pieces.
Unless buying from a local butcher, the chances are that when you buy pork tenderloin, it will be sealed and ready for your Sous Vide.
Perfect for if you want to Sous Vide but your sealer has not arrived yet, or you’re a bit nervous about using your equipment.
How To Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin?
Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin is easy. You can add the pork tenderloin to the water bath while pre-packaged and then sear it when the cooking time is up. Then choose your favourite seasonings and serve.
- Grab your favourite pork tenderloin from the supermarket or butchers and then get your Sous Vide set up.
- Place the water in your water bath, attach your precision cooker to the side of your water bath and using your app get your water bath to the correct temperature for cooking pork tenderloin.
- Once the water bath is at temperature add in the pork tenderloin sealed packets, place the lid on and come back later once your Sous Vide beeps.
- That is it. It really is that simple to make pork tenderloin in the Sous Vide!
Where To Source QUALITY Pork For Sous Vide Cooking?
My 2 favourite places for online delivery of quality meat and fish is Butcher Box & US Wellness Meats. They both have different qualities.
Butcher Box is the budget friendly version that has wild salmon, grass fed beef, heritage pork and organic chicken. There is not a huge choice but its perfect for a monthly meat delivery service.
I love the custom box that you can order on Butcher Box because it includes a large portion of pork tenderloin.
US Wellness Meats is more your big organic shop with a bit of everything. You can get items not available at Butcher Box, such as lamb, pork rinds, different cuts of beef and so on.
You can read more about them below:
To me its important to source quality meat & fish when cooking Sous Vide as otherwise its just not worth the effort.
Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin Temperature?
We cooked our Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin at 56.5 degrees Celsius for 3 hours. This produced moist and tender pork tenderloin. It was also still firm enough for the searing treatment afterwards.
Our Sous Vide Journey So Far
If you would like to catch up on our Sous Vide story so far then here are the other posts:
- Sous Vide For Beginners (our introduction)
- Sous Vide Starter Kit (our accessories)
- Sous Vide Lemon Pepper Salmon (last week)
Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin
Main Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 500 g Pork Tenderloins
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the water into your water bath, attach your Sous Vide precision cooker to the water bath. Using your app, set the temperature to 56.5c/133.7f for 3 hours.
- Place the lid on the water bath and wait until it reaches its desired temperature.
- Once at temperature using your hands or tongs, place the sealed pork tenderloin into the water bath and place the lid back on.
- 3 hours later when it beeps, using tongs, remove the pork tenderloin. Use a bowl to remove the excess water, season and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: