Sous Vide Lamb Chops. Delicious Lamb chops marinated in garlic, extra virgin olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Creating the most delicious and tender flavoursome lamb chops in the Sous Vide.
Table of Contents
Sous Vide Lamb Chops
Today I am going to show you how to make the most amazing tender lamb chops in the Sous Vide. We have previously shown you how to cook delicious air fryer lamb chops and felt today was the perfect day to cook Sous Vide Lamb Chops.
Lamb is something that I always felt I never ate enough of. I love the taste of lamb chops, lamb shoulder, lamb ribs and so on, but with them not being as readily available I don’t tend to buy them as much as I would like to.
When I look at the price of lamb and compare it to buying pork or chicken, the tight grocery shopper comes out.
But what I did differently this year (compared to other years) is I waited until it was lamb season and bulk bought it on clearance. Just like I do with turkey and oxtail at Christmas.
I bought a quarter of lamb package about 4 times, as well as a few lamb legs, some extra lamb chops and some lamb shanks too. I then piled them in the freezer for whenever I wanted to cook lamb.
In the end the cost of the lamb was roughly the same price as the chicken because I had shopped right in season and I am sure we will do this every year now with lamb.
Though it is exciting today to make lamb chops for the first time in the Sous Vide and see what all the fuss is about!
Sous Vide Lamb Chops For Beginners
If you’ve been following along for the last few Mondays, you will know that we are sharing with you our experiences of the sous vide every Monday for a year. This is week #8 and our fifth sous vide recipe.
As I have mentioned before, we wanted our readers to watch over our shoulder as we used our Sous Vide for the first time. Our Sous Vide Lamb Chops is our first recipe where we have marinated the lamb chops first and the first time that we have sealed the food using a vacuum machine too.
It’s a new learning curve for us, but one that we are loving!
How To Sous Vide Lamb Chops?
Sous Vide Lamb Chops is easy. You firstly marinate your lamb chops, seal it into bags and then wait 24 hours. It is then giving the lamb chops the best flavouring ever and makes them perfect for eating the next day. It is of course adding time to your cooking process, but if you want your food to taste amazing you need a little patience.
Sous Vide Lamb Chops Is Simple:
- Grab your favourite marinade
- Season and load up into vacuum sealer pouches
- Seal your lamb chop bags and place in the fridge for 24 hours
- Get your Sous Vide set up
- Place the water in your water bath, attach your precision cooker to the side of your water bath and using your app get your water bath to the correct temperature for cooking lamb chops.
- Once the water bath is at temperature add in the lamb chops sealed in their packets, place the lid on and come back later once your Sous Vide beeps.
- That is it. It really is that simple to cook lamb chops in the Sous Vide!
Once you have mastered the marinating and the vacuum sealing, then that is the hard part learnt.
Where To Source QUALITY Sous Vide Lamb?
My favourite place to source quality lamb for Sous Vide cooking is US Wellness Meats. The team here at RecipeThis.com have had the pleasure of a US Wellness Meats delivery and loved it. We also have a US Wellness Meats Review that you can read.
They also do a lot of other meat and fish too and it’s a great one stop shop for Sous Vide cooking.
Sous Vide Lamb Chops Time & Temp?
We cooked our Sous Vide Lamb Chops at 56.5 degrees Celsius for 2 hours. This produced tender lamb chops that you would think had come out of a posh restaurant kitchen.
They were just perfect, and I will certainly follow the same lamb chops time and temp again, next time I make them.
Our Sous Vide Journey So Far
If you would like to catch up on our Sous Vide story so far then here are the other posts:
- Sous Vide For Beginners (our introduction)
- Sous Vide Starter Kit (our accessories)
- Sous Vide Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin
- Sous Vide Turkey Breast
- How To Use Sous Vide Vacuum Sealers
Sous Vide Lamb Chops
- In a bowl or jug mix together your garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Smother the lamb chops in the marinade and then place them into vacuum bags.
- Seal the bags one by one.
- Place the lamb chops in the fridge and marinate for 24 hours.
- Place the water into your water bath, attach your Sous Vide precision cooker to the water bath. Using your app, set the temperature to 56.5c/133.7f for 2 hours.
- Place the lid on the water bath and wait until it reaches its desired temperature.
- Once at temperature using your tongs, place the sealed lamb chops bags into the water bath and place the lid back on.
- 2 hours later when it beeps, using tongs, remove the lamb chops bags. Use a bowl to remove the excess water and serve with rosemary flavoured roast potatoes.