This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Sous Vide Baby Potatoes. Delicious baby potatoes cooked in the sous vide until the potatoes are soft and tender, with melted butter, garlic and fresh parsley.
Sous Vide Baby Potatoes
Today I am going to show you how to make the most amazing soft and tender baby potatoes in the Sous Vide. Baby potatoes is one of my all-time favourite side dishes when I eat out with the family.
They are normally a side for fillet steak and I always get as excited over the garlic butter potatoes as I do the actual fillet steak. It’s one of my all-time comfort foods. At the restaurant we eat out at, its unlimited baby potatoes and its wrong NOT to have seconds!
But because people love to microwave garlic baby potatoes or oven cook them, they are often available sealed from the supermarket and ready for cooking and perfect for the Sous Vide.
You then don’t have any prep to do and you can have your favourite baby potatoes whenever you like. Its also a brilliant starting point for getting to know your Sous Vide.
Also, you could use this standard recipe for any of your favourite types of potatoes in the Sous Vide such as crushed potatoes, mashed potatoes, or even roasted potatoes. You would just finish the cooking process after the Sous Vide.
Sous Vide Baby Potatoes For Beginners
If you’ve been following along for the last few Mondays, you will know that we are sharing with you our experiences of the sous vide every Monday for a year. This is week #6 and our fourth sous vide recipe.
As I have mentioned before, we wanted our readers to watch over our shoulder as we used our Sous Vide for the first time. To experience it like we’re experiencing it and that is why we are doing things slow with little baby steps.
We have already shown you how to use pre-sealed supermarket food and to cook it in your Sous Vide with our lemon pepper salmon, our pork tenderloin and our turkey breast.
Well you’re probably wondering when we will seal ourselves, well this is our last shop bought as next time we share a Sous Vide recipe we will have used our new Sous Vide Vacuum Machine! We will also show you how to use it too!
How To Sous Vide Baby Potatoes?
Sous Vide Baby Potatoes is easy. You can add the bag of prepped garlicky baby potatoes into your water bath and then let the Sous Vide do the hard work and cook them precisely.
It is as simple as this to make Sous Vide Baby Potatoes:
- Grab your favourite garlic potatoes that are seasoned and sealed.
- Get your Sous Vide set up
- Place the water in your water bath, attach your precision cooker to the side of your water bath and using your app get your water bath to the correct temperature for cooking baby potatoes.
- Once the water bath is at temperature add in the baby potatoes sealed in their packets, place the lid on and come back later once your Sous Vide beeps.
- That is it. It really is that simple to cook baby potatoes in the Sous Vide!
Where To Source QUALITY Sous Vide Equipment?
You’re probably wondering the exact equipment we are using in our Sous Vide cooking, well it is a lot simpler than you would have thought.
These and a good pair of tongs and scissors is what we have been using while we have been experimenting and learning about the Sous Vide way of cooking. We have also created a blog post, that is dedicated to the Sous Vide Starter Kit. We hope it helps you get started with your own Sous Vide home cooking.
Sous Vide Baby Potatoes Temperature?
We cooked our Sous Vide Baby Potatoes at 84 degrees Celsius for 3 hours. This produced tender potatoes that were worthy of a restaurant meal or a dinner party. Though do note, this is a hotter temperature than some of our other Sous Vide recipes and you will want to use tongs to put the food in or out of the water bath otherwise you will burn yourself.
Our Sous Vide Journey So Far
If you would like to catch up on our Sous Vide story so far then here are the other posts:
- Sous Vide For Beginners (our introduction)
- Sous Vide Starter Kit (our accessories)
- Sous Vide Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin
- Sous Vide Turkey Breast (last week)
Sous Vide Baby Potatoes
Main Recipe Ingredients:
- 600 g Medium Bags Garlic Butter Baby Potatoes
- Place the water into your water bath, attach your Sous Vide precision cooker to the water bath. Using your app, set the temperature to 84c/183.2f for 3 hours.
- Place the lid on the water bath and wait until it reaches its desired temperature.
- Once at temperature using your tongs, place the sealed baby potatoes bags into the water bath and place the lid back on.
- 3 hours later when it beeps, using tongs, remove the baby potatoes. Use a bowl to remove the excess water and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: