Welcome to my Instant Pot pork roast recipe. If you want to enjoy delicious home cooked pork roast that is crispy but not chewy then this Instant Pot recipe is just perfect for you.
I spent years with a desire to own a slow cooker. The thought that you could just throw in your food and then you could have your own tender meat to eat with lots of sides that would be perfect for Sunday dinner.
It took nearly 5 years to get my wish and thankfully I was eventually given one. I never thought of a future when I would make peach cobbler in it, all I was thinking about was beef stew, pork roast and of course pulled pork. It became my slow cooker life.
Then 12 years later I became the proud owner of an Instant Pot and thanks to its slow cooker function I could imagine a life where I would make meaty Sunday roasts in it.
But because of all the other things I wanted to cook in it, I have only just got around to perfecting my pork roast recipe.
Well actually that is not really true. It is Dominic’s Instant Pot pork roast recipe, but he would have let me take the credit for it, as he is a nice husband like that!
But back to the roast pork recipe, it is easy to make with readily available seasoning and you can just throw everything into the one pot.
Also don’t think that you need the glass lid for your Instant Pot to make this recipe, as we did it without, but you can always buy one if you feel you would need it a lot.
You could also use this recipe as a base for other types of meat. For example it would also work very well with lamb or beef too.
Instant Pot Pork Roast Recipe
- Place the olive oil and the coconut oil in the bottom of the Instant pot and use the palm of your hand to rub it about so that the bottom is well covered.
- Place the pork shoulder into the Instant Pot on top of the oils.
- Score the top of the pork.
- Mix all of your seasonings and the chicken stock cube in a bowl and then rub into the top of your pork.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and cook on the slow cooker setting for four hours.
- Take the lid off and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with warm crusty bread or in wraps.
Where To Source Your Pork Shoulder To Make Instant Pot Pork Roast Recipe:
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
Sam: Do you fancy giving a pork shoulder a turn in the Instant Pot?
Dom: I thought you would never ask, plus Kyle is at school so we can eat it to ourselves!
Sofia: Yum Yum, Yum Yum
Sam: Well it looks like there is 3 of us for lunch!