Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and this recipe is for Instant Pot no washing up Mediterranean chicken wings. Enjoy the delicious chicken wings of the Mediterranean without having to roast them for hours in the oven but keeping the same crispy flavour!
I don’t know about you but I just love crispy chicken wings. The lovely flavour and that finger licking goodness at the same time. Plus for the struggling family they are also very frugal at the same time.
But as a busy working mum I often have one of the biggest issues ever (Dominic tells me this all the time) I suck at time management. I will go into the kitchen at the same time each day to cook lunch. This will apply whether I am roasting a chicken, making a stir fry or even cooking something quick in the soup maker or the air fryer.
I will be stood in front of the kitchen worktop marinating my chicken wings. I will spend about 5-10 minutes doing this, then I will turn the oven on and bake them for an hour. I will always be so busy that I will forget to preheat the oven and they will cook for about an hour on top of some seasonal vegetables.
Dominic will then say “lunch at 2pm again?” instead of the usual 1pm that he gives me mine at.
I always think to myself that next time I will start them at 12pm so that they are ready for 1pm but with potty training and breastfeeding taking priority on my day off with the kids it just never quite happens right.
But here I am with my Instant Pot and suddenly I can cook my crispy chicken wings in 10 minutes instead of 60 minutes and Dominic can rest assured I wont leave him starving as often. Or does this mean that I am thinking “there is no rush as the Instant Pot” is so fast that I forget about it and it doesn’t go on until 2pm?
Whatever your time management skills, tuck into these delicious chicken wings with hardly any washing up required and they are so delicious. You could have them no matter what the season is and they are amazing for a barbeque side dish!#InstantPot No Washing Up #Mediterranean #Chicken Wings #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Lay out two big silver foil sheets and split the marinade ingredients in two over the two silver foils (except for the chicken wings) so that you have 2 separate marinades.
- Split the chicken wings between the two parcels and rub it well into the mixture. Seal each package up and shake it well so that everything is going to have a good coating.
- In your Instant Pot add 1 cup of water to the bottom and place the steaming shelf on top.
- Place your chicken wings packets on top of the steaming shelf.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing and press to manual for 10 minutes.
- It will beep six times when done and then leave to cool down for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve in the foil packets.
Because your food has been cooked in the silver foil the only thing you’ll need to do is remove the water when it’s cooled down!
Serve with my homemade tomato ketchup and homemade mayonnaise.
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
Sam: I’ve made some chicken wings and wrapped them in foil will you Instant Pot them for me?
Dom: Why don’t you do it?
Sam: Because I might break it, it cost 100€ you know!
Dom: Okay watch me do it
To which I am shocked how easy it is. Maybe tomorrow I might actually get the courage and do it myself! But I mixed the marinade together so surely that is me contributing to the cooking process!