Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and today is one of Dominic’s favourites. He is not one for loads of spice but prefers great delicious flavours instead. In this recipe which is another Instant Pot easy family meal, we have delicious garlic coconut butter chicken leg with loads of garlicky potatoes.
Otherwise known as food heaven!
If you have not tried coconut butter with chicken before, then you must. It is a lovely selection of flavours. It gives you the lovely creamy flavour from the coconut along side that delicious garlic taste!
It is again one of our favourite silver foil packet meals and requires no washing up! Something that I know as a mum of 3 that I personally welcome, though Dominic does most of the washing up so I can’t take all the credit!
But this meal is all about inspiration of my favourite café that I eat out at in Portugal whenever I get the chance. It is one of those dream places where the cost is very low and the food is always amazing. It is so cheap that I could be completely broke and still eat there. We always look at the receipt before we go as we can’t believe how cheap it actually is.
They always have some delicious moist chicken on the meal of the day in some kind of sauce with potatoes. We will then sit there in silence while we eat it as it is always incredible.
This recipe is the kind of food they do and just how we like food her on the Mediterranean. Plus it only takes a couple of minutes to prepare so perfect for a quick lunch or dinner with your family.#InstantPot #Garlic #Coconut Butter & #Potatoes #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Place a long strip of silver foil onto your worktop. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Pat the chicken leg into the salt and pepper so that it is well seasoned.
- Now pat it with the garlic and mustard. Rub in the coconut butter as this will help with creating a crispy skin.
- Chop the potato into small chunks and add the potato and onion to the silver foil.
- Seal your silver foil packet and give it a good shake so that the seasonings will be evenly distributed.
- Place it onto the steaming shelf in your Instant Pot and add 200ml of water to the bottom of the pot.
- Place your lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealing.
- Cook for 10 minutes on the steam function.
- Once cooked allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before opening the lid.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
Kyle: What is this it looks disgusting?
Sam: Coconut butter!
Kyle: You mean you can buy coconut butter
Sam: Oh yes and it tastes lovely
Kyle: Well I better get it all then; I’m a teenage boy I am supposed to eat everything!
Sam: It looks like mummy is going on a diet then!