Instant Pot Frozen Hamburgers. How to cook frozen hamburgers in the instant pot. Including not only how to cook your favourite frozen burgers, but also how to cook fried onions at the same time, use the air fryer lid for melted cheese and what to serve with your delicious frozen instant pot hamburger.
Instant Pot Frozen Hamburgers
I LOVE instant pot frozen hamburgers as it feels like they tick so many boxes when making lunch or dinner in the instant pot pressure cooker.
You can choose the quality of your hamburgers. They can be the cheap supermarket frozen ones, fresh ones that you have bought from the supermarket and placed in the freezer for later.
Frozen instant pot hamburgers are truly magical for instant pot camping food. If you live in an RV or are camping in a tent or just taking your instant pot to a hotel room, then these frozen hamburgers are ideal.
Or if you want to make ahead you can make them in the silver foil, freeze them and then they will still be cool later when you reach your road trip destination.
Because the instant pot frozen hamburger patties are cooked inside of silver foil packets the washing up is minimal.
The onions cook in the bottom of the instant pot in a broth and because this isn’t a sticky sauce, it’s a quick rinse clean to get your instant pot ready for the next time you use it.
Even better, because the frozen hamburgers are added in foil and are easy to make, means that they are perfect instant pot food for the kids to get involved with.
Here are Sofia & Jorge getting the frozen hamburgers ready for the instant pot:
Note that if you break up silver foil sheets, give them the packs of the frozen burgers and the seasoning, they will proudly make them for you.
Though the favourite benefit of these frozen hamburgers in the Milner house is being able to have a fakeaway at home.
That time when you have a craving for fast food, grab some frozen hamburgers from the freezer, along with frozen hamburger buns, chop an onion and you are all set.
Can You Cook Frozen Hamburger Patties In Instant Pot?
Yes you can! Frozen hamburger patties in the instant pot are delicious and come out incredibly tender and you would think it was a much more expensive cut of meat, when you try them.
Just think of those amazing burgers you have gone out to eat in restaurants and this is what you can achieve when you cook frozen hamburger patties in the instant pot.
Thaw Frozen Hamburger In Instant Pot?
When you cook frozen hamburgers in the instant pot it will cook them from frozen much better than from thawed.
Therefore, there is absolutely no need to thaw your hamburgers prior to cooking them.
As the frozen hamburgers go to pressure in the instant pot, the pressure cooker will naturally defrost your hamburgers.
It also helps keep your hamburgers in the correct shape compared to when you cook already defrosted burgers.
Instant Pot Frozen Burgers In Foil
The Instant Pot is perfect for cooking food in foil especially food that you would traditionally associate with the barbecue or camping foil packet meals.
You place your trivet into the instant pot, add the foil packet food onto the trivet and then it pressure cooks.
Regardless of what the food is that you pressure cooked, you can serve it in the foils if you are camping or load the food onto the plate.
But the reasoning behind foil packet burgers in the instant pot, is to keep the food together and to stop the burgers from falling apart.
It is also perfect for keeping the seasoning on the food and the wonderful burger flavour.
How To Cook Frozen Hamburger In Instant Pot?
Cooking your favourite frozen hamburger in the instant pot is so EASY. I love teaching my young kids how to cook and used it as an opportunity to teach them about homemade burgers.
They seasoned the burgers, loaded them into the foil packets and got excited when the instant pot beeped to tell them that they had yummy frozen burgers to eat.
Here are the few steps that make up frozen hamburger patties in the instant pot:
- Peel and slice an onion and load into the bottom of the instant pot with a little olive oil.
- Sauté the onion and then turn off the sauté function and add water to the onions and mix to make sure your instant pot has been deglazed.
- Add the trivet over the onion.
- Place frozen hamburgers into silver foil with a little seasoning and seal up.
- Load the foil packets onto the trivet and place the lid onto the instant pot.
- Cook for 20 minutes and manually release pressure.
- You now have delicious moist burgers!
Instant Pot Frozen Hamburger + Air Fryer Crisplid
Once you have your cooked burgers you can eat them as they are or take it a step further thanks to the use of the air fryer crisplid.
- Remove the hamburgers from the instant pot and replace the trivet with a tall trivet.
- Place the crisplid basket on top of the trivet and add your just cooked hamburgers. Add a layer of cheese and place the crisplid on.
- Cook for 2 minutes at 240c/460f add onions and its ready for the burgers to be added to burger buns.
If needed, you can also place frozen hamburger buns onto the same trivet and use the same temperature to warm and crisp them from frozen.
Instant Pot Frozen Hamburger Cook Time
The cook time for instant pot frozen hamburger patties is JUST 20 minutes. This of course doesn’t include the time for the instant pot to go to pressure. Or the extra 2 minutes for melting cheese using your Air Fryer Lid.
Browning Frozen Hamburger In Instant Pot
If you would like to brown your frozen hamburgers in the instant pot, you need to add an extra cooking stage to your burgers.
Instead before chopping the onion, sauté your burgers first in a little olive oil and oregano. Then load them into your silver foil packets.
It will give a lovely crispy texture to your frozen hamburger patties once cooked.
Instant Pot Frozen Hamburgers
- Peel and slice your onion and load into the instant pot. Add extra virgin olive oil and sauté for about 3 minutes or until your onion has softened.
- Cancel the sauté.
- Add a cup of water into the instant pot and stir the water with the onions.
- Add the trivet over the onions.
- Using silver foil add to each piece of silver foil a frozen hamburger, and a sprinkle of oregano, salt and pepper. Seal each silver foil packet and load the silver foil burger packets on top of the trivet.
- Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 20 minutes on manual pressure cook.
- Manually release pressure and remove the trivet and the silver foil hamburgers.
- Add the tall trivet and the air fryer crisp lid basket.
- Load the burgers onto the trivet, add a slice of cheese and some onions and cook for 2 minutes at 240c/460f.
- Serve with salad garnish.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: