Welcome to my Instant Pot BBQ pulled pork sandwiches recipe. In this recipe I will be sharing with you how to make your own pulled pork in the Instant Pot as well as your own homemade barbeque sauce to make the meal complete.
I talk about BBQ pulled pork and suddenly I am starving hungry. I want it and I want it now. There is just something so special about it and it is one of those meals that I would put on my favourite meals of all time.
I first discovered pulled pork back in 2009 and it was one of the first things I ever cooked in my slow cooker. I spent hours and hours perfecting my marinade and getting everything perfect.
The marinade then got written into my homemade recipe book and I would grab it whenever I fancied a nice pulled pork meal.
It wasn’t this recipe though. It was a healthier version where there were no sticky sauce just lots of great herbs and spices with an Indian feel to it. When we went on holiday our slow cooker came with us. We would cook pulled pork while staying at hotels or when visiting family. We even did the recipe for American family members when we visited them several years ago.
But even though I love a healthy version with my Indian pulled pork I also like a not so healthy version. This is it. It is made from scratch so no processed foods are involved but sticky and lovely and perfect for sandwiches.
However my life of pulled pork has always involved a slow cooker and never an Instant Pot and this was going to be something new and different. A bit like when you start a new relationship for the first time. My new love) my Instant Pot!
But the big difference here is that the power of the Instant Pot means that pulled pork tastes so much better as it is easier for it to be super tender. So if you normally get a lean cut of pork and it doesn’t always go tender like pulled pork should then this recipe and this kitchen gadget will change your life forever!#InstantPot #BBQ Pulled #Pork Sandwiches #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Place everything apart from the flour and the pork into a mixing bowl and mix well. Add 250ml of water.
- Add the pork and using your hands mix the marinade around the pork and make sure the marinade is higher than the pork so that it feels like it has drowned it.
- Place it into the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Drain the pork from the watery marinate and place in the Instant Pot. Add to the instant pot a drizzle of olive oil over the pork and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook on the slow cooker function for four hours.
- Once it is cooked remove the pork from the Instant Pot and place it on your chopping board. Pull it apart so that it resembles pulled pork.
- Add your old marinade to the slow cooker with ½ of the pork juices. Move it onto the sauté function and add a little corn flour until it has thickened, doing it slowly a bit at a time. This will then develop into a lovely thick homemade barbeque sauce.
- Place the pork into bread buns and pour over the barbeque sauce.
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
Dom: What are we making today?
Sam: Pulled pork with homemade barbeque sauce
Dom: Finally! What took you so long?