This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Instant Pot Broccoli. How to steam broccoli in just 2 minutes in your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. One of our all time favourite vegetables to cook in the Instant Pot, so delicious, yet quick and easy.
Instant Pot Broccoli was the first ever recipe we published using the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Originally published in January 2017 it has now been updated.
Table of Contents
Instant Pot Broccoli
Introducing you to my famous Instant Pot 2 Minute Steamed Broccoli recipe. It is so famous that even the picture of it on the fork gets copied all over the internet!
How about some delicious freshly cooked broccoli cooked in the Instant Pot in just 2 short minutes?
We all complain that we don’t have the time to cook fresh delicious food, don’t we? That we have our super busy lives and the idea of cooking from fresh ingredients each day is just way too time consuming.
Then you spend 5 minutes reading a takeaway menu and another 5 minutes on the telephone ordering it, for a takeaway to arrive 30 minutes later and to your disappointment the delivery is all wrong and cold.
But what if I told you that the first recipe that I wanted to share with you from my brand new Instant Pot is actually some simple steamed broccoli that you can cook in just 2 minutes?
You would probably think I was crackers and that I needed shipping off the funny farm and when Dominic cooked it in our Instant Pot in just 2 minutes I thought he was crackers too!
But we are seriously addicted to this recipe and we will be sharing with you how to cook steamed broccoli (or any vegetable for that matter) right now.
We will also show you how to use a simple recipe like steamed broccoli to build up your confidence and make you see that cooking in the Instant Pot or any other electric pressure cooker is easier than you would think!
Instant Pot Perfect Broccoli
Instant Pot Broccoli is so simple to cook in the Instant Pot. I hate vegetables that have been boiled on the stove as they tend to have that tasteless flavour and have lost all their nutrients.
But if you cook broccoli in the Instant Pot it tastes like the best ever restaurant standard broccoli and is not mushy at all.
You also cook Instant Pot Broccoli in 4 simple steps:
- Step #1 – Trim your broccoli into florets
- Step #2 – Place the broccoli into your steamer basket on your trivet
- Step #3 – Pour your stock or water over the broccoli
- Step #4 – Set the valve to sealing on your Instant Pot and let the Instant Pot do the hard work for you!
Instant Pot Broccoli Cooking Times
When it comes to cooking broccoli in the Instant Pot, there has often been a debate over the correct cooking time. We have cooked it from 0 minutes to 3 minutes to give you the best breakdown of cooking times depending on how you like your broccoli.
- 0 Minutes = raw broccoli that is warm and none of it has had the chance to soften. If I had it served like this at a restaurant, I would certainly send it back.
- 1 Minute = just under cooked and the stem of the broccoli is very crunchy, and you could break a tooth or two.
- 2 Minutes = perfect broccoli. The stem of the floret is perfect and so is the rest of the broccoli.
- 3 Minutes = the broccoli is mushy and over done in my opinion, though you might like it mushy. I do find that 3 minutes is the perfect time if you want to make broccoli soup though.
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
For a bit of fun this is what we said about making broccoli in the Instant Pot, after the first time doing so back in late 2016.
I am sat in the lounge on the laptop watching TV while Sofia is playing with her new baby dolly. Dominic is about to use the Instant Pot for the first time and mentions that it better be good with all the money is has cost as he goes off to steam some broccoli.
He comes back 5 minutes later with the line “I just cooked broccoli in 2 minutes” and “this is some serious bit of kit”.
I think we are safe to say he is a fan!
Listen To Instant Pot Broccoli
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
More Steamed Instant Pot Vegetables
- Instant Pot Asparagus
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash
- Instant Pot Cabbage
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Leeks
- Instant Pot Mushrooms
- Instant Pot Parsnips
- Instant Pot Rutabaga (Swede)
- Instant Pot Turnips
We also have a more in depth post for you showing you how to steam in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot 2 Minute Steamed Broccoli
- 1 Medium Broccoli
- Salt & Pepper
- Chop your broccoli into florets and place it on the steamer basket on top of the steamer shelf (trivet).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour ½ a cup of water over the broccoli or use vegetable stock.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing and press steam for 2 minutes
- Use quick pressure release (QPR) to quickly release pressure.
- Serve immediately before it has chance to get cold.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: