Welcome to how to make the perfect healthy chicken dippers.
I was just talking to my teenage son about chicken nuggets. About how chicken nuggets, chicken dippers and other similar products are made from the worst of the leftover chicken and that you couldn’t find anything unhealthier if you tried.
I also pointed out that only about 5% of suppliers will actually put real chicken breast in them and you are much better making them yourself.
Then don’t forget Jamie Oliver and his campaign against the turkey twisters that were being sold to kids in primary schools across Great Britain. Though I do wonder how many kids he fixed and how many just went onto packed lunches.
This of course fell on deaf ears and I am sure he has been spending his pocket money on chicken nuggets from Burger King and of course it is his money and I can’t stop him doing that. But what I can do is make some for him so that he can experience what real quality chicken dippers are and then maybe he will just eat mine.
To which Dominic replied that there was bob hope and no hope and that I was well and truly going to lose the battle. But as a mother we always want to try so these are my chicken dippers. These are made from scratch with real chicken breast and unprocessed flavours. So if you also want to get your kids off the fast food give this recipe a go!!!
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- 2 Slices Wholemeal Bread (made into breadcrumbs)
- 1 Large Egg
- 2Tsp Parsley
- 1Tsp Oregano
- 1Tsp Mustard Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your Airfryer to 180c. Chop up your chicken breasts so that the chicken resembles the sizes of chicken dippers and set to one side.
- In a baking tray add the breadcrumbs and the seasoning and mix well.
- In a bowl beat the egg.
- Cover each piece of chicken in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a plate and put in the fridge for an hour.
- Place the chicken dippers on a sheet of baking paper in your Airfryer and cook for 25 minutes on 180c or until the breadcrumbs are crispy and the chicken is cooked in the centre.
- Serve with Wasabi Mayonnaise
Saitaku Wasabi Mayonnaise
The sauce that we use to dip into our chicken dippers is this Wasabi Mayonnaise. It is delicious and it brings a flavour of Japan to your dinner plate. It also gives your kids a really good sauce that they would want to dip into.
It also gives you a chance to introduce them to new flavours and make them realise that there is other food out there beyond tomato ketchup. After all don’t you just hate it the way that they want to put tomato ketchup on everything? As I know I do!
In terms of getting yourself one of these amazing Wasabi Mayonnaises you can get yours by clicking here. If I were to do it again and/or if I were to currently recommend a Japanese sauce to you, I would say CHOOSE THIS ONE.