Welcome to my homemade chocolate ice cream cake in the ice cream maker.
You know that after a while of making ice cream everyday that the novelty starts to wear off. There is only so many times that you can make chocolate, vanilla or strawberry ice cream. Yes they are delicious, but it is like if you ate fast food everyday after a while you would never want to see it again or be sick of the sight of it.
Well after making six different lots of ice cream in one week we were starting to feel like that, well that was until Dominic made the most amazing chocolate ice cream cake. A recipe that I never even thought I would like, let alone love and it be my favourite ever ice cream!
So what is so special about it?
Well if you add delicious vanilla ice cream to my chocolate cake dough and then add in some of Dominic’s amazing caramel sauce. Then you have homemade chocolate ice cream cake.
Plus the frugal parent in me also knows that the chocolate bits in the ice cream make so much that you have a huge amount for making some nice cookies with for later. Or alternatively grab a nice flavoured ice cream (from our month of delicious ice creams) and add chocolate cake to your favourite one.
[Tweet “Homemade #Chocolate Ice Cream #Cake In The Ice Cream Maker via @recipe_this”]
- 450ml Dulce De Leche (get our recipe here)
- 150g Plain Flour
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 105g Butter
- 2Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Start by making your chocolate dough. In a mixing bowl place your flour, butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Rub the fat into the other ingredients for about 5 minutes until you have a soft mixture, Mix together until you have a big dough ball. You wont need any water or milk because the high level of butter will make it all bind together well.
- Place your dulce de leche ice cream back in your ice cream maker, or make our dulce de leche ice cream (get the recipe here).
- Rough chopped the dough into penny sized pieces and then add it to your dulce de leche ice cream in the ice cream maker.
- Let it whisk around for 5 minutes and then stick into ice cream tubs in the freezer for 2 hours.
We have put together 22 favourite ice cream maker recipes for you to enjoy with your ice cream machine. It has everything from making copycat versions of your favourite shop bought ice creams to including some classic ice creams that you can adapt for your ice cream maker. Also because we love them so much we have also included a few of our favourite milkshakes using ice cream from our machine!
If you want easy ice cream maker recipes to follow then you have come to the right place. These are also rather cheap to make too.
This ebook is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.