Welcome to my Greek zoodle bowls with your spiralizer.
As you may know if you have been following Recipe This, for the month of March we are dedicating our recipes to recipes using our spiralizer. It is an excellent way of cooking great meals that are lower in carbs and gives you an alternative way to eat vegetables in your diet.
In this recipe we are going to the Greek isles for a delicious Mediterranean meal. It features the best flavours that I remember from holidays abroad with my parents. I have visited Crete, Cyprus and Skiathos and these are the exact flavours that were present. If you want to be introduced to some Greek food and you want to watch your taste line and not end up eating as many carbs as the Greeks then this is for you!
It features delicious cherry tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese and of course zoodles as an alternative to the pasta. It is very creamy and you would be surprised to discover it is rather healthy and low calorie.
- 1 Medium Onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 Large Courgette
- 50g Feta Cheese (chopped into medium squares)
- 50g Cherry Tomatoes (chopped in half)
- 50g Black Olives
- 50g Soft Cheese
- 4Tbsp Whole Milk
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1Tsp Garlic Puree
- 1 Small Lemon (rind and juice)
- Handful Fresh Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- In a wok add your onion, garlic and olive oil and cook until the onion is golden. In the meantime using your spiralizer create your zoodles.
- Add the zoodles, olives and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the soft cheese and milk and mix well this will now create a sauce. Add the lemon and other seasoning and mix well.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and olives and cook for a further 3 minutes.
We have put together 24 favourite recipes for you to enjoy with your Spiralizer that are all focused around easy spiralizer recipes. We have Zoodles in an avocado sauce, cheese and tomato quiche, fruit salad, Zoodle chow mein and even low carb Mexican Nachos.
We are huge fans of our Spiralizer and even more so, now that we have tried out traditional meals with a carb free element and realised that there is more to Spiralizing than a portion of Zoodles.
It is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.