Welcome to our food blogging Podcast and here we are with Food Blogging FM 003.
It is hard to believe (even saying it on here) that it is more than 7 years since my very first blog. Blogging back then was so different than it is now. Yes it was still about the content, but the way you included images and the way you marketed a blog post was so different.
Back in the old days you could post a blog with a terrible image and then talk about it on forums and it would send a surge of traffic through to your site and would often put a few subscribers on your mailing list at the same time. Then you would also post a few articles to article directories and this would also add to your traffic.
It was a time when there was a lot less competition and it was a lot easier to manipulate the search engines.
But at the same time there wasn’t social media like there is today. That is unless you wanted to market your business on My Space!!!!
So in this Podcast it is all about talking about the differences and making sure that you are marketing your business for 2016.
This Podcast will be split into the following main areas:
- Monetising Your Blog – I will be sharing with you what were the best income streams in 2008 and what are the best in 2016. They may have changed but the main sources of income are still the same.
- Building Traffic To Your Blog – Discover what the main sources of traffic was in 2008 and what drives my traffic in 2016 with my ten main sources of traffic.
- Techy Chit Chat – Dominic will be chatting to you in this Podcast about how things have changed since 2008 and what it was like for him building the first blog, compared to building them now in 2016.
Links & Resources Mentioned In Food Blogging FM 003:
- Google Adsense
- Our Coaching Service
- Food Gawker
- Oh My Veggies
- Taste Spotting
- Studiopress/Genesis Framework
- Daily Dish Theme By StudioPress
Subscribe To Our Food Blogging Podcast
If you would like to subscribe to our weekly Food Blogging Podcast then you can do so below:
- Join our mailing list and you will be informed whenever we post a new Podcast
- Access All Our Past Podcasts
- Subscribe Via iTunes
Your Feedback Is Welcome
If you get the chance, please leave us an honest rating and a review on iTunes by clicking here. We would really appreciate the feedback and it will help our Podcasts grow. We appreciate it and we hope you enjoy our Podcasts!