Welcome to our food blogging Podcast and here we are with Food Blogging FM 002.
Isn’t it really exciting when you start a new blog? Especially when you get your first visitors to your site! And then all of a sudden you want to monetise it as you realise that you might actually be able to make some money from your blog. You are getting a little traffic and not a lot to get approved on the high end advertising sites. So Adsense just seems like a good option.
I remember when we first opened an Adsense account. It was back in 2008. Which feels like a lifetime ago now. Back then Twitter was just taking off and the best form of traffic for your blogs was article directories. I was building up the traffic to a blog showing people how to get into internet marketing and make money from home. It was exciting. It was nerve racking and it was a fantastic adventure.
I will admit right now, that even though I opened an Adsense account (and got approved straight away) it was probably six months before I qualified for a pay out! The sites traffic was not bad but with the focus being on selling my ebooks and affiliating other products it was not something that I took seriously.
But then until you are getting 10 million visitors a day it is not going to provide you with enough income for you to live off. So we will be starting this Podcast by talking more about Adsense.
This Podcast will be split into the following main areas:
- Monetising Your Blog – We will be talking about what you need to think about when it comes to monetising your blog with Adsense. If you are earning peanuts from Adsense then you need to listen to this!
- Building Traffic To Your Blog – We will be talking about what you need to be doing to kickstart your social media traffic and your SEO from day one and how to bring in those first 10,000 readers to your blog.
- Techy Chit Chat – Dominic will be chatting to you in this Podcast about website speed and what you should be doing to speed it up. As lets face it the majority of websites load so slow you feel like you’re back on dial up internet!
Links & Resources Mentioned In Food Blogging FM 002:
- Google Adsense
- Godaddy Auctions
- Name Cheap (preferred place for cheap domain names)
- BlueHost (perfect for starter hosting)
- Knownhost (our VPS hosting)
Subscribe To Our Food Blogging Podcast
If you would like to subscribe to our weekly Food Blogging Podcast then you can do so below:
- Join our mailing list and you will be informed whenever we post a new Podcast
- Access All Our Past Podcasts
- Subscribe Via iTunes
Your Feedback Is Welcome
If you get the chance, please leave us an honest rating and a review on iTunes by clicking here. We would really appreciate the feedback and it will help our Podcasts grow. We appreciate it and we hope you enjoy our Podcasts!