Welcome to my latest recipe and today we are having our Cadburys chocolate fix with some Easter Mini Egg Buns in the Airfryer. A fantastic bun with a delicious creamy frosting followed by melt in your mouth Cadburys Mini Eggs.
These are what we have been dreaming about for weeks now. And that is a big sweet use out of all those Cadbury’s Mini Eggs that we bought a few months back.
You see I shop smart. I refuse to spend a fortune on food and drink and I am always cautious about what I spend and how I can stretch my Euros. I don’t see why I should pay top amounts for things, especially when we are a family of five and it is amazing what you can save if you really want to.
I loved watching a TV show a few months back when the participants were people that had websites focusing on being thrifty. They showed you how much you could save by shopping around, what deals are about and how to even get a free upgrade when you’re staying at a hotel.
What I learn most about these shows is to shop outside of the given season to lock in the best deals and that is exactly what I did with my Cadbury’s Mini Eggs.
I hate the fact that with chocolate you end up paying more than you did the year before, yet the portion size has shrunk.
So I waited for that time between Easter coming into season and supermarkets stocking things way too soon that people didn’t want and getting the best price. In the end I got 2 bags of Mini Eggs for half the usual price.
But that did of course mean that it would be sat in my cupboard for way too long and that I would have to give up on temptation and make them stay unopened.
Well today is the day and they are out and being placed on top of these delicious buns. So bring on the cheap Cadburys Mini Eggs and lets tuck into this delicious homemade Easter Mini Egg Buns!#InstantPot Best Ever Easter Cakes #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter into the sugar until light and fluffy with an electric hand mixer. Beat in the eggs one at a time making sure you maintain that fluffy mixture.
- Add the honey and vanilla essence. Fold in the flour a bit at a time.
- Place into bun cases and place in the Airfryer. Cook for 20 minutes on 180c.
- While they are cooking make your topping. Using the mixer again cream the soft cheese until lovely and fluffy and then fold in the icing sugar.
- Place the mixture into the fridge while the buns are cooking.
- When the buns are done, remove them from the Airfryer and place them on a cooling rack. When they reach cooling temperature add the swirls of topping over them. Then decorate them with 100’s and 1000’s along with the mini eggs.
Before using the icing sugar sieve it as it will stop any big lumps and make the buns so much nicer.