Welcome to our eighth Podcast at Recipe This and welcome to our latest cooking tips Podcast.
I have mentioned a few times now that when I left home at 18 and moved in with Dominic I could not cook. Well I really couldn’t. Lazy culture and a lack of assistance in schools led to me being able to cook just a handful of dishes.
I would burn potatoes, make really hard undercooked jacket potatoes and don’t get me started about the amount of times I set the oven on fire, just because I did such a terrible job of cleaning it.
No wonder over the following years we enjoyed a life with a lot of takeaways and a lot of trips to McDonalds. But it doesn’t need to be like that. There are options and you can learn to cook in our modern world much easier than I could.
I decided to get the Podcasting gear out and to share with you exactly what it was like for me and how I learnt to cook. My influences and who you shouldn’t follow.
I will also be sharing my experiences from a frugal prospective with us having such little money when we moved in together. It will make frugal cooking look extravagant compared to what we had.
So sit back and relax and listen away as I show you how I learnt to cook.
This Podcast will be split into the following main areas:
- Introduction – I will start with an introduction to how I learnt how to cook, what my cooking was like back when I was 18 and what your starting point should actually be.
- Learning to cook thanks to technology – I find the biggest difference between learning to cook now and in 2000 is that we now have a huge wealth of technology available to us. Learn how to make the best use of this.
- Thinking Frugal – We did things very frugally when we were younger and we will share with you our experiences of this.
Links & Resources Mentioned In Cooking Tips FM 008
- Jamie Oliver Naked Chef Books
- Gordon Ramsay (On Instagram)
- Recipe This On Pinterest
- Recipe This On Tumblr
- Recipe This On Yummly
- Our Airfryer
- Our Soup Maker
- Food Mixers On Amazon
Subscribe To Our Cooking FM Podcast
If you would like to subscribe to our weekly Cooking FM Podcast then you can do so below:
- Join our mailing list and you will be informed whenever we post a new Podcast
- Access All Of Our Past Podcasts
- Subscribe Via iTunes
Your Feedback Is Welcome
If you get the chance, please leave us an honest rating and a review on iTunes by clicking here. We would really appreciate the feedback and it will help our Podcasts grow. We appreciate it and we hope you enjoy our Podcasts!