Welcome to my cheese and sausage muffins with spiralizer vegetables.
I am going back to last year and more specifically November 2015 when I first tried a cheese muffin. I was at a kids birthday party with my daughter Sofia celebrating another kids 1st birthday.
And on the buffet there were some lovely cheese muffins. I have never had them before and I fell in love with them. Clearly I should have stopped at two but I must have had about four.
From that moment on I wanted to eat loads of cheese muffins and I couldn’t wait to experiment with them myself.
This particular recipe came about because we had loads of spare vegetables left over in the bottom of the fridge and instead of just having cheese muffins we wanted a more cheese and vegetable feel. Plus I wont feel as guilty then about all the cheese!
- 5 Large Carrots (peeled)
- 25g Spring Onion
- 25g Red Pepper
- 250g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 175ml Whole Milk
- 1 Large Sausage (chopped into small slices like a chorizo)
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1Tsp Chives
- 1Tsp Mustard Powder
- 1Tsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Using your Spiralizer cut up your carrots into long stringy pieces. Then do the same again with your red pepper.
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and add the eggs and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients (apart from the milk) and mix again.
- Add the milk (a little at a time) until you have a nice creamy muffin mixture.
- Place into individual baking moulds or into little Yorkshire Pudding trays. Then bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
We have put together 24 favourite recipes for you to enjoy with your Spiralizer that are all focused around easy spiralizer recipes. We have Zoodles in an avocado sauce, cheese and tomato quiche, fruit salad, Zoodle chow mein and even low carb Mexican Nachos.
We are huge fans of our Spiralizer and even more so, now that we have tried out traditional meals with a carb free element and realised that there is more to Spiralizing than a portion of Zoodles.
It is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.