Welcome to my Airfryer half dipped chocolate biscuits recipe.
I love a homemade biscuit but sometimes I can’t decide whether or not to have chocolate on it or not. I also remember growing up and going to the British bakery and having a flapjack and remembering how lovely it was with one side covered in chocolate.
Then in the 90’s they started to add white chocolate to it instead of milk chocolate and then you were spoilt for choice over how you would have yours.
But my son has allergies. Apart from his nut allergy that means that he ends up with horrible rashes everywhere and a temperature, he also has issues with grains. When we was really small he had issues with bread and I remember I would shout at my mother when she would give him bread to eat and he would look like he had been stung by lots of wasps.
Fast forward about 14 years and he can manage bread without any issue now, but he still has issues when it comes to anything overly grainy. This means that things like oats are out of the question. So no porridge or flapjacks for him then!
That is why as a mum I like to have a Plan B and my main Plan B is to give him these biscuits that are oat free but dipped in chocolate just like a traditional flapjack.
They are also so easy to make and thanks to the low cost are rather frugal at the same time.#Airfryer Half Dipped Chocolate Biscuits Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, sugar and butter. Rub the butter into the flour until your mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the vanilla essence and the egg (a little at a time) until you are able to create a dough from your mixture.
- Make into walnut sized balls and place in the Airfryer for 15 minutes at 180c.
- While the biscuits are cooling melt the milk chocolate in the Airfryer. I find 4 minutes at 180c is enough and keep stirring it until you have a lovely chocolate liquid.
- When the biscuits are cool dip one side in the chocolate and place them in the fridge for about an hour so that they can set.