Welcome to my addictive 5 minute fruit salad.
I love fruit salad. I mean I really love fruit salad. You get the chance to have all that fresh fruit, lots of natural sugar and the juice from the fruit as the sauce. Super healthy as long as you don’t eat too much of it!
A couple of years ago, well 2012 to be exact, I decided to give the cabbage soup diet a go. I mean come on everyone does it at some point in their lives don’t they? I was at the beginning of my diet journey and it seemed a good idea at the time. Well until I realised how much soup I needed to eat. However the best thing is that over several days you have several portions of fruit that you can have and it makes the perfect time to have a fruit salad.
Well you need a fruit salad otherwise it makes the diet truly awful.
So Dominic introduced me to his amazing fruit salads.
He would have in it apples, oranges, grapes, kiwi fruit and strawberries then the juice of a lemon to keep the apples fresh. I just found it addictive and could never stop at just one portion and would just eat it from the bowl. Well that was until my excessive fruit habit made me feel bloated!!!
So I must admit I don’t have it as much as I want to.
In this recipe it is my version with some honey and some extra berries. It only takes 5 minutes to make and it is even quicker by using your spiralizer.
- 100g Raspberries
- 2 Large Apples
- 2 Medium Kiwi Fruit
- 2 Medium Peach
- 150g Strawberries
- 50g Blueberries
- 50g Cherries
- 1 Small Lemon (juice & rind)
- 1 Small Orange (juice only)
- 1Tbsp Honey
- Wash all your fruit and get rid of any bad bits.
- Peel the kiwi fruit. Spiralize the peaches, strawberries and the kiwi fruit and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the blueberries, raspberries and cherries in whole.
- In a mixing jug add the lemon and orange juice. Add the honey and mix well.
- Pour over the fruit salad ¾ of the fruit marinade and using your hands mix well throughout the ingredients.
- Spiralize the apples and place in the bottom of a fruit salad bowl.
- Add the large fruit salad over the top and then finish by pouring over the last of the fruit salad liquid.
We have put together 24 favourite recipes for you to enjoy with your Spiralizer that are all focused around easy spiralizer recipes. We have Zoodles in an avocado sauce, cheese and tomato quiche, fruit salad, Zoodle chow mein and even low carb Mexican Nachos.
We are huge fans of our Spiralizer and even more so, now that we have tried out traditional meals with a carb free element and realised that there is more to Spiralizing than a portion of Zoodles.
It is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.